Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ahh, Bing!

I LOVE Christmastime. The music, mostly. I adore Andy Williams and Roger Whittaker, much to my childrens chagrin. I grew up with my dad dancing around the house singing and whistling to these guys--I think that's where I get much of my love for them. It's a nostalgic feeling more than musical appreciation, though I do really appreciate their music. In later years, I have come to enjoy Bing Crosby. I love a bass-baritone voice and he can sing to me anytime. :)
My children and I just watched Holiday Inn (1942) and White Christmas (1954). I think Holiday Inn is their new favorite movie. My eldest daughter will frequently say she's "in the mood for Christmas Bing" and on goes www.pandora.com's Swingin' Christmas station.
Now we have snow to go along with the festive feeling. . . all in all, life is good. No, life is extraordinary.

Oh, and I'm planning our Thanksgiving gathering in the midst of the Christmas music. My dad would just shake his head, so I probably won't mention it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Christmas music too! And the lights...One of my favorite Christmas CDs is Mannheim Steamrollers! I could listen to it over and over. :+)