

Well, things are definitely looking up around here. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day, though we only had 3 guests outside our immediate family. My parents and Larry's dad joined us, and other than forgetting to make the corn, the meal turned out really yummy!! As always, we were blessed with a bountiful feast. No matter how lean things get around here, we never go without plenty. We sorely missed my aunt and uncle and my grandmother, who were unable to attend due to health issues.
Last week we were greatly blessed and humbled by an anonymous gift of $500. . . that was such a godsend. We always have everything we need and then some, but sometimes a little boost like this does so much. I was able to take the 4 oldest girls shopping, and we had a wonderful time buying new clothes off the rack! Now before you feel sorry for us, let me just say that no matter how rich I ever become, I will still shop at thrift stores and off clearance racks. . . just as my husband goes in search of the big buck (he got a 10 pt this year, btw), I go in search of the big bargain. My children enjoy this as well, and not long ago Ericka was quite proud of her "new outfit" that set her back a total of .50! That said, we had a ball bargain hunting and shopping at Old Navy. The girls each got a couple new outfits and new shoes, and had so much fun. I was touched by their grateful hearts. . . several times one or the other would say "Thanks, Mom for spending this money on us. We know there are so many other things you could have done with it." Praise God for my children, who continue to bless me daily. And forgive me, Lord, when I forget that and focus on their shortcomings. (Oh! and I found a new outfit too! Having lost 36 pounds, this is the first time in forever that clothes shopping hasn't been a horribly depressing situation!)
I also have some adorable puppies for sale, just in time for Christmas. I'm praying that they sell and that we can be a light to whoever buys them. There are so many hurting and depressed people in the world, especially at the holidays, and I pray that maybe one of them will find their way to our doorstep and whatever hope we can offer.
Well, it's past my bedtime so I'll sign off. . . blessings to all.
Last week we were greatly blessed and humbled by an anonymous gift of $500. . . that was such a godsend. We always have everything we need and then some, but sometimes a little boost like this does so much. I was able to take the 4 oldest girls shopping, and we had a wonderful time buying new clothes off the rack! Now before you feel sorry for us, let me just say that no matter how rich I ever become, I will still shop at thrift stores and off clearance racks. . . just as my husband goes in search of the big buck (he got a 10 pt this year, btw), I go in search of the big bargain. My children enjoy this as well, and not long ago Ericka was quite proud of her "new outfit" that set her back a total of .50! That said, we had a ball bargain hunting and shopping at Old Navy. The girls each got a couple new outfits and new shoes, and had so much fun. I was touched by their grateful hearts. . . several times one or the other would say "Thanks, Mom for spending this money on us. We know there are so many other things you could have done with it." Praise God for my children, who continue to bless me daily. And forgive me, Lord, when I forget that and focus on their shortcomings. (Oh! and I found a new outfit too! Having lost 36 pounds, this is the first time in forever that clothes shopping hasn't been a horribly depressing situation!)
I also have some adorable puppies for sale, just in time for Christmas. I'm praying that they sell and that we can be a light to whoever buys them. There are so many hurting and depressed people in the world, especially at the holidays, and I pray that maybe one of them will find their way to our doorstep and whatever hope we can offer.
Well, it's past my bedtime so I'll sign off. . . blessings to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment