Monday, March 17, 2008
Grateful for friends. . .
I am continually amazed at true friendship. I have many friends, and some of them I don't even know all that deeply or well. However, I see over and over how God brings different people into my life in response to different things I or my friend are experiencing. Sarah is an example of that. She and I rarely get together or visit on the phone. . . I think the last time we were together was in July of 2007, when they had a celebration at their home. I had occasion to call her the other day, and ask her for prayer. She is one of those people that will actually pray if I have a need, and not just say she will. She said God had had me on her heart for several days in a row, and had been telling her we need to get together. So, that afternoon, she came to my house and we visited while our children played. She has two tiny daughters and is expecting a baby boy in July. Our conversation was as though we had visited every day for the last year, rather than feeling ackwardness at having not spoken in nearly a year! We found that we are currently dealing with some similar issues in our lives, and we were able to encourage one another and both went away refreshed. I praise God for Sarah, but more than that, I praise Him for knowing exactly what I need and sending it at just the right time. I pray that I can be a blessing to someone else the way my friends have been to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment