Saturday, January 12, 2008

God is so much bigger. . .

I've just finished my lesson for the day in The Lord's Table. It was about how great and how big God actually is. I really needed to hear that this week. It's been a really rough haul, and I've spent much of my time focusing on how rough it's been, rather than on the One who can lift me from the muck. Today, after a HORRIBLE start to the day, the girls had a meeting at church. I was able to sneak away into the sanctuary alone, for some solo worship. Faithful as always, God met me there, and refocused my thoughts and refreshed me. My, how I needed it. But you know, God doesn't exist in the church sanctuary. He exists WITHIN ME. Yep, little old me. . . In comparison with the country, the planet, the universe, I am so insignificant. However, my heavenly Father delights himself in strengthening me for the walk, lifting me up and refreshing my spirit. Like Peter, I lost my focus and began to sink. Thanks be to the Lord God Almighty, I am back on track, and man, it feels great!

No comments: